Monday, May 11, 2009

Bad weather on Everest

I pulled this video off of another group's daily dispatches from Everest. It's the group that includes Ed Viesturs, the well-known climber that Bruce mentioned he had seen in the airport in Bangkok. It shows what the weather is doing right now, and why they are waiting before they try for the summit. Interestingly, this video mentions that their weather equipment missed this storm, but Russell Brice saw it coming and made sure that all of the Himex climbers were safely back at base camp before it hit.

Bruce is feeling better every day and hoping these days of waiting will give him time to get over his lung congestion. Right now they are sort of predicting that the weather will break around the 18th, 19th, somewhere in there. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I am a friend of Stephanie W.'s. I first learned about your husband's trip from her facebook page and now I keep watching for updates. What an amazing challenge!

    I hope the weather breaks soon, but not till he is feeling strong and ready. I will continue watching and keeping him (and his family = you) in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Russel is on top of everything! Maybe the mountain is waiting for Bruce to get feeling better and then it will open up the weather for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce and your whole family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, you are doing such a great job on the blog. I love you and hope you know that you and your family are in our prayers too. You are an amazing lady!!!

    ReplyDelete